Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Veggie soup

Here is an alternative to eat your vegetables. I imagine having kids one day and making this for them as I probably will have problems asking them to eat their sliced and boiled vegetables. Blend them all into soup is one of good ideas I found in cooking blogs.
So I gave it a try with onion, potato, carrot, and asparagus. To be honest, I didn`t really like how it came out because it seemed like I put too many potato and carrot. My soup became really thick and sweet. But hey, that was my experiment with food. You surely can adjust the ingredients as you like. Or if you like sweet soup, you might want to try the following recipe I made.

1. Stir fry sliced onion with olive oil until it gets caramelized.
2. Add chopped garlic and mushrooms
3. Add water, or chicken broth if you want more savory taste
4. Add potatoes, carrot, and asparagus
5. Bring it to boil
6. Blend the vegetables using hand held blender
* As I concern about the plastic-made materials surrounding the blender blades, I waited until my soup gets cooled down a bit before I put my blender in it.
** If you use a blender that comes in a container, you can transfer the soup in batches to the container, blend it, and put them back to your pot.
7. Serve it in a bowl and garnish it with parsley

0 comments:

Post a Comment